The Blind Forest The Blind Forest

GG, you definitely won this round and you deserve to. Love it!

Techmo-X responds:

Thank you Jimmpig! Hey we'll have to wait for the results. I listened to your piece and I loved it too. I love how you incorporate the vocal bits into your music. My favorite one was Rudementia. That had so much flow to it. Regardless I'm actually scared too but whatever happens it was an honor and pleasure going up against you. Best of luck to you too!

Endowment Endowment

A great piece! You wrote a nice story here and it progresses beautifully. I love the subtle mixing you did on the realistic parts. The electro parts sounded a bit off to my ear in parts though, I think it was some clashing in the lower end and the lead was a little scratchy, but I really enjoyed the changes overall.

Ectisity responds:

Thanks :D. Definetly som clashes in the lower end yea. I'll try to be more careful of that for my next piece :)

The Afterlust The Afterlust

You promised pop and we got pop. Really big sound, great singing. I would produce it slightly different myself, there seemed to be a bit of mud at the lower end (I think from the drum and guitar clashing), but thats to my ear, and its a great track.

FinnMK responds:

Thanks a bunch! I've yet to get a great guitar sound I love, but I'm inching towards it. I think if I had really nailed the guitar recording and mixing the mix would've come together punchier and cleaner, especially in that 150-400Hz area...next time!

Rushing into Deepness Rushing into Deepness

LOVE the start, the strings sound beautiful, and that ambient crackling really felt nice on the ear. The bass was too jarring for me, it side swiped me out of the track, and I personally would have gone for a subtler bass and less harsh drums, because the piano and strings are really nice.

Adjeye responds:

Thank you for the feedback!

I would rather have a more aggressive and harsh track tho with a more subtle way. Maybe I should have done less with classical instruments, and more with synths. I had the feeling they matched pretty well, maybe I should revisit the .flp again :), after enough plays everything sounds right so thanks for pointing this out!

Timekeeper Timekeeper

The subtle little touches you put on the mix really impressed me, and that swell around 1:40 was beautiful. The clocks are a great touch too, quite a sad track, but 100% my style.

Good luck!

Codename: Tom Selleck (NGADM '17) Codename: Tom Selleck (NGADM '17)

The kicks are fantastic, I love how you made the snare cut through the mix too. Takes me back to my emo days when you broke out that riff at 45secs ish. The rhythm guitar sounds a little muddy to my ear, but other than that great work.

Mi Pasion Mi Pasion

Production quality is fantastic, I gave it 4 because some of the sounds are a bit 'fake' sounding, and in this style it stands out, but the production and composition, spot on mate.

AzulJazz responds:

Thanks a lot!

Last Will Last Will

The production is fantastic! The actual music is like dream theater and Rhapsody of fire had a baby.

Love it! The little harpsi at 2:00

Good luck dude!

~Requiem~ [Ft. Xtrullor] ~Requiem~ [Ft. Xtrullor]

Not bad, but you might want to get yourself some xfer, fabfiler pro and izotope ozone *slaps you in the face and cock*. Here's 1,000$ (incorrect format), go buy some new vsts and stop using massive lol.

Terrabirth Terrabirth